Tuesday, May 26, 2009

PERSEPOLIS BLOG 1

In the book, citizens enjoys there time by making up jokes and making fun of other people. This is just like people these days. If we are bored we crack jokes and sometimes make fun of others on how they speak and how they dress!!LOL. I think the part that made me laugh was that Marji doesnt know her limits when she is making fun of people. Marji just keeps going and always get in trouble by the princible. The author adds comit relief, when something terrifing just occured and than add something funny just to make it enjoyable. It makes the story funny, but at the same time gives information about what is going on in Marji's life. I think these scenes are relevant to the whole books because it shows that when bad time comes, there is still times to have fun and laughter.
I think the authors voice is appealing because the books actually sounds like a biography about the others life and how things occured to her. The most favorite thing i like about Marji is that she is sometimes funny and sometimes serious. I like these two things from her because you cant always be funny, you have to know when and where to be like this. I think the little girl didnt cause any effects to my reading. I think it just makes it better and more interesting.
I think that captivity and freedom that the author explor in this book is that the characters have a normal life like we do, but in some cases they can get kill if they go out at the wrong time. Other than that their just like us. They can go to the store and buy food and buy clothes. The things that keep the characters from being completely free is that they get kill if they protest. Plus the author adds these other non main characters to the story that makes the main characters lifes hard. I think the characters in the books dont give up. Instead they risk their lifes and go protest for their freedoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment